Friday, November 27, 2009

27 Weeks


           I just wrote a nice long blog on here, and it decided not to save it! So here I am typing it AGAIN! I thought the one before was perfect and said everything that I wanted to say! So hopefully this one covers everything. ;P
           Today was one of the biggest shopping days for America, Black Friday. Sadly to say, the only place we have American here in Germany that does Black Friday sales is the BX on base. And our BX is rather small. But I woke up this morning at 9:30 and got ready and walked to the sale. It didn't really surprise me that there was nothing really on sale. I baught one thing that was though, because we were in desperate need of it! A 10 piece Pot and Pan Set! Drew was going to get me one for Christmas anyways, I just figured I would get one while I was there and they had such a good deal since he wasn't with me. It was only $20! I ended up walking to the BX twice today though, so I got my exercise in for the day!
           I have been thinking about how I felt when Drew told me he was getting his liscense taken away about 3 or 4 months ago. I was so upset because I was pregnant and didn't know how I was going to get through 6 months with him not having a liscense. But now that I look at it, I see it more as a blessing in disguise. I mean, if we want to go anywhere then we have to walk there. To get our groceries, to go to church, to the hospital for OBGYN appointments, anywhere... We have to walk. And I am so thankful for it! Because otherwise I would have been such a lazy bum during the pregnancy! I lost 11 pounds during the first couple of months and recently went to my WIC appointment and they told me I have only gained .23 pounds from when I started my pregnancy! And considering that the baby weighs 1&2/3 pounds thats pretty cool. And I know that this would not be the case if Drew had his liscense throughout my pregnancy. We are excited for when he gets it back though, so we can travel and see places! But he won't be getting it til sometime in February, and I am due on the 26th of that month! So we will see.
          Today my friend Robyn found some baby furniture online that a guy was selling nearby. So she took me to get and get it! Two pieces for only $20! So I feel that has been a HUGE blessing for us! I was able to purchase a beautiful bassinet from a lady this past week! So all that I really need is a crib and a few other bigger items.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List