Friday, November 27, 2009

27 Weeks

           Today has been a pretty cool day if you ask me! I woke up at 9:30 to go to the Black Friday Sale at the BX and was able to buy a 10 piece pot and pan set for $20! We were in desperate need of it!!! But thats about all that I got from the sale! There seriously was like NOTHING on sale! I wanted to try and get Drew an MP3 player or something because I figured they would be on sale, but they weren't. But at least I got my exercise in for the day. I walked to the BX twice today! 
          I have been thinking about how Drew's liscense got taken away during the pregnancy and how I thought it was going to be so miserable. But I have come to realize that it is more like a blessing in disguise. I mean, we have to walk to the grocery store to get our groceries and carry them home. We have to walk to church. If we want to go anywhere, then we have to walk. We walk to the hospital for the appointments every month also. Otherwise I would probably be a lazy bum! But I seriously have not gained any more weight than what I started out with in the pregnancy! I lost like 11 pounds during the first couple of months. But at my WIC appointment when they weighed me they said that I am on like .23 more pounds than what I started with! Thats pretty good if you ask me, considering that they told me at the last appointment the baby was 1 2/3 pounds! So I look at it as more of a blessing than anything else. And he is not going to get his liscense back til sometime in February, and I am due on the 26th of that month.
           So today after walking up all of the stairs to get into our apartment on the fourth floor I was kind of tired! So I layed on the couch for a little bit to take a break. Well, I could feel the baby moving inside of me and I had never looked at my tummy to see if my stomach moved any, so I pulled my shirt up and the maternity pants down a little and watched. I could see little thump movements and when I saw a bigger movement I called Drew in to see if he could see it. And when he came in and knelt down next to me, Little Andrew started doing bigger thumps! It was crazy! But I was entertained by laying there watching my belly dance around so I watched it for about 15 minutes or so before I got up.
            My friend Robyn called and said that she found a dresser and changing table on the YardSale Site online for where we lived. So I called the guy that was selling it and he only wanted $20 for the two! So she offered to take me to go and pick it up. I just think today things just really worked out for us! I am going to have to paint the dresser and changing table, but that should be a fun thing to do! :)
           Well, I better get going. I need to try and get some rest. Drew and I are leaving at 6 am tomorrow morning with the ITT group to go to a Christmas Market in a bigger town here in Germany. We will be away from home for 18 hrs! I am just going to leave Spanky here alone, he should be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List