Saturday, November 7, 2009

24 Week Pregnancy Update

         Holy Cow! I have not done this in a while! Well let me just start off by saying as of yesterday I am 24 weeks pregnant! I know this is weird, or so I have been told, I still do not feel pregnant. Lets see, about October 18 when I was in the USA, I could feel the baby kick hard enough to where my husband could feel it with his hand on the outside of my stomach!
        We were in the USA from about October 12- November 2. And oh my goodness! It was so nice! I was kind of dis-appointed with Wal-Mart though! They stopped selling maternity clothes and they stopped selling fabric! And the prices have gone up so bad! Luckily I was able to find maternity clothes at K-Mart and they were all on clearance! Good thing I got them while they still had them because when it came time for us to leave I went back by there and they also no longer had maternity clothes! I did get one pair of maternity jeans at the store MotherHood in the mall. I had heard that they had really good deals on clothes in there, but I will never recommend them to anyone! For one pair of pants it was $30! When at K-Mart I was able to get them for $6 or $7 each! I could not return the pants to MotherHood though, because they only give store credit or exchanges for their items. Yeah sure, they had good deals in the maternity clothes for smaller women but once you get to like size 12 or higher the prices totally went up!
         The trip was good and we were able to see everyone that we planned on seeing. Well everyone but Kevin Edderly. I really wanted to go and see him! But time just would not allow. We did not get to say good bye to "everyone" that we wanted to, just another thing that time would not allow. And we have been reminded of the fact after we got home with people being mad at us. Well if thats how it is going to be then why should I go through so much to go and visit if people are just going to be mad at us in the end?
         My last appointment was on September 28th I think. And I was 18 weeks then. They were able to find out the sex of the baby! We are having a baby boy! He will be named after Drew, Andrew Bird Allen 3rd. He is due on February 26th. We are not completely certain of the due date and all, but thats just what the doctor said. And my doctor was in a C-Section so a lady doctor took his place and she said the sex of the baby isn't for complete sure so wait on buying stuff til the next appointment. Well with us being in the USA I had to buy as much baby stuff as I could so I just baught boy stuff anyways. I lucked up at some yardsales and we were able to get alot of stuff! My next doctor's appointment is on November 16th, they are going to do the diabetes testing on me. Hopefully that comes up negative!
         Now that we're home, I have been trying to find a crib to buy. I found one on SpangYS for only $35 but it makes it difficult for us to get since niether of us can drive right now. I found something on WalMart.com that I really want for the baby! It is a play pen. But it has a bassinet on it for when the baby is younger and it also has a changing table on it! But it is $115. I try to look at it this way, it is a 3 in 1 deal! I found a nice changing table on SpangYS for $50 alone and a play pen by itself is like 80 bucks online! And it is like a jungle type theme which would kind of go with the Noah's Ark theme and it can be for either boy or girl so I could also use it for the next baby. Its just kind of stressful being so far from family and friends that we grew up with, because I mean if we had a baby shower at either of our homes I know it would help out a ton! I don't know if I will have one here and I don't know how many people would attend with it being so close to Christmas.
         Well I don't know if we will be able to make it to church tomorrow, or at least me. We have to walk to church, well I want us to walk to church so I can get exercise, and my left leg (from the knee down) is pretty swollen. My toes are pretty much touching! But my right foot/leg looks perfectly fine. So I think I am going to stay off of it for a while. I haven't been drinking any soda since we got back and I haven't had any fast food or salty foods so I don't know why it is the way it is...
         I need to get off of here! I will try and write alot sooner the next time though!
         Oh, I forgot to say, I am so excited for the Christmas Season!!! I know it is a bit early but I already set our Nativity set out before we left for the States so I wouldn't have to worry about it once we got back. But I LOVE Christmas time!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List