Thursday, September 3, 2009

My First OB/GYN Appointment


This was my first time having an appointment in the Bitburg Germany Hospital! And yes, it is an off base hospital. The doctor is so awesome! We thought I was 16 weeks along, because according to the people on base thats what they thought I was. But turns out I was more like 14 weeks. So my new week starts every Friday.
We got to see the baby! The baby's arm and legs were kicking and moving about! And we got a print out of the baby. You can see the baby's brain, eyes, nose, and mouth in the face. And you can see the baby's ribs! And by the baby's neck you could see the baby's hand pointing at you. Its pretty cool!
As I was getting on the table/bed at the doctor's office, the doctor noticed my pink/purple toe. So I told him as much a I knew about it and he set up an appointment for me on the surgery floor on September 7th. He said a doctor will check it out for me and see what the problem is with it. I am going to walk to the appointment at the hospital so he can see how bad it gets when I am on it too long or how it looks after walking a while.
But the pregnancy has been going pretty well! Morning sickness has given me a break, although I will see it when I don't eat when I am supposed to or experience an aweful smell. And I haven't been nearly as tired as what I was in the beginning! I sleep like 10- 12 hrs a night though, then usually I won't have to take a nap during the day. And I am trying to get up earlier on the weekends so I can start going to church more often.
As far as my weight during the pregnancy, I am still down about 8.4 pounds. But the Nutrionist said that is ok. And she said I will probably start gaining soon. They don't want me gaining anymore than 15-20 pounds. As far of exercise, I like to walk. Some days I do alot of walking and somedays I may only get to take the dog around the block. I am going to try and find some workout videos on YouTube for pregnant women to help my back out some. I have horrible lower back pains! And it runs all the way down my legs to my knees! It mainly hurts when I am laying down or getting up from a sitting position. But it does bother me sometimes while walking. But I am going to try and find my own solutions to my problems and see what I can do for myself.
My next appointment is on September 28th. And the doc is hoping then to be able to tell whether or not I will be having a boy or a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List