Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Carnival

   So making cookies today with Andrew was a success! I made the dough last night before going to bed (Because it had to refrigerate at least 2 hrs before using.) This is my first time making cookies in forever! I usually just don't even bother because growing up I'd always make cookies but would ALWAYS misread the direction and always either put too much salt or baking soda in.. (usually baking soda though) But these turned out good and we only used like 1/2 of the dough. I used a 1/2 TBS measuring spoon to scoop them out. Perfect little cookies.
   We went to a little party cookout thing that the base was having this evening. It was a
"Summer Carnival" It rained on us but Andrew had a good time and that's all that counts. He got to go on a bouncy castle slide thing. (He LOVED that) then they had hot dogs, hamburgers, cotton candy, snow cones and pop corn. They also had a few little carnival games set up where they could win some cute little prizes.
   So Drew drops Lillian and me off at home so him and Andrew could go to the library then go and get some gas in the car. Well they come home like 30 min or so later and Drew gives me money to get gas in the car because they were unable to since Andrew had stinky pants.. Well Andrew brings his potty to me (it was down in the den) and he keeps saying, "I pooped! I pooped!" I was confused because Drew just changed his diaper.. Well sure enough he had pooped in the potty, but his diaper was still on and clean... So he must have done it earlier in the day and just not told me about it. So today is his first official day of pooping in the potty!! WooHoo!! (Now have to work on him using the rest rooms in public places) So since Lillian was asleep in her swing I told Drew to keep an eye on her so I could go get gas in the car and that I'd take Andrew also. (I was taking him so he could get a treat for using the potty) Well to make a long story short... We head home, pull into the garage, and before I can get my seat belt off Drew opens the door holding Lillian. It never fails, every time I leave (and she is peacefully sleeping) she wakes up not even 10 minutes later.
    I did not have time to get on here last night and type about Lillian, but she had her first cry-free bath! (Well she cried during the drying off and putting clothes on part) But it was so nice to not have to hurry hurry bathe, dry, and get dress to hush the crying baby. She even would smile and do her silent laugh when I'd pour water on her belly. (So Sweet!) I sure am going to miss her being so small!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List