Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reaching The End

          With only seven weeks left to live here in Europe, we have planned to go on one more trip. Drew was just able to find a really good deal on tickets that he just couldn't refuse. So we will be able to spend two nights and three days in Dublin, Ireland! I am so excited that we will be able to go. It is like one of those places that I've wanted to go since being here but didn't really know how possible it'd be.

          We still have no idea on where we are going next. Drew feels that they are leaning towards (again) giving him Minot, ND for the next base. Now it has changed on how we will go thru with it, if Minot is the base. They don't even have room to house singles hardly and the group he will work with says that they don't even need him there. So if Minot is for him then this is how we will go about it. Of corse when we get to the States we are going to visit family for a few weeks.. Then Drew will head out to ND and Andrew and I will be staying with his mom. Just because there will be no where for Andrew and I to stay. Then maybe 6 months from then, or when it gets warmer there, Andrew and I will be able to go and join him there. But only if the housing situation is any better. Right now they just do not have to room for anyone.

            We've talked and we have made this decission as a family. But after our 6 yrs in the Air Force is up we are getting out. And it is a scarey thing to even think about with how bad jobs are out there right now. But when we joined we were originally only going to do a few years anyway, just for the experience I guess. But this road that we have traveled down has been an amazing one and I would not change one single thing about it! We have met some of the best people and we have seen some of the places that people only dream of being able to see in their lifetime. I mean when you think about it, some people save up their whole life just to go to one of these places that we have been so blessed to go and see.

             So with leaving the military in mind, I have been thinking about different things I could do to help out on saving and making money. After alot of thought and searching I have come up with a pretty good list of different things that I could look into doing while still being a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List