Friday, January 14, 2011

Car Issues Solved! (Well Sort Of)

            My husband came home from work today with a stack of CD cases and some books and a box at the bottom of the stack that he was carrying. And he said, "Well, I have some good news and... I have some bad news..." His voice was uplifting so I knew it couldn't be that bad. He continued, "The good news, Mario Cart is finally here." That was a Christmas gift we ordered for ourselves back in the beginning of December. "And the other good news is that the car only cost $85 to fix." Then I said, "Wow! That is some awesome news!!" Then he continued... "Bad news is, thats how much it cost to have the car impounded."
            Ouch! Did I hear what I thought I just heard?! No, maybe he is kidding, hopefully he is kidding! (I look him in the face) No he is for real, no smirk on his face...
            I went about just doing whatever it was I was doing, didn't really phase me much. "Oh well." I said. Then as I was updating my status on FaceBook and talking to my Mom on the phone telling her about it, it hit me! We don't have a car! I tried not to let my husband see me as I started to worry... But he could tell. "Hun, we've gone 6 months without driving here already and you were even pregnant then. We can do this."
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List