Monday, April 19, 2010

Just Updating

           I guess I am just going to do a little update on here today...
           On Friday, April 16, I went to my 6 week appointment checkup. Everything was good and I was able to get 3 months worth of birth control pills. And I started taking them then. I have to wait like 1-2 weeks for them to work. We have a month left til we go to the States, I just REALLY DO NOT want to get pregnant before he leaves! Because I do not know if I will be able to handle being pregnant and taking care of baby Andrew and the stress of Drew being gone serving the Country! But seriously, whatever happens, happens. Its all in the Lord's hands!
           After my appointment we took Andrew to get weighed at the pediatric clinic on the Spangdahlem Base. And the RN guy told us it had been 22 days since he had been weighed last and he should gain 20 grams a day. So to make it easier, he just did 20 days.... So he was saying that he should have gained 400 grams since then. So I undressed Andrew and took his diaper off to prepare him to get weighed. And I noticed that he had a messy diaper! "Awe Man! He just pooped out some of his weight!" hehehe... But I layed him on the scale and the RN turned it on and weighed him. Just a reminder, the last time he got weighed, 22 days before, he weighed 7.11 pounds. Well the final weight came up, 8.7 pounds!!! I was so happy that he gained! And I was hoping the RN would say that all was good and we didn't have to being him in til his 2 month check up. But the RN was impressed with the 300 grams that he gained but he had to run it by the Doctor on duty. And it was a lady Doctor. (We didn't see her, he went to another room to see her)
And she told him to tell us to keep feeding him formula after everytime I breast feed and to bring him in again next Friday to get weighed again. Well I honestly only gave him formula like 4 times during those 22 days. I had told people what the Doctors have been telling me to do and everyone said to just hang in there and to ONLY breast feed! Everyone said that breast fed babies gain weight slower than formula fed babies. The reason the lady Doctor was concerned about him is because he is only in the 5th percentile. I think that is how you say it. I don't even know if it is spelt right either! He has been eating like crazy though! Seriously he eats like every hour! I think he is going through a growth spurt if you ask me!
            Andrew is so sweet! I love him so much! Last night Drew layed down with his son in between his arm and his side and Andrew fell righ to sleep! He loves his Daddy so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List