Saturday, April 24, 2010

7 Weeks Old

           On Thursday April 22, 2010, Andrew turned 7 weeks old! We also took him in to get weighed again. The previous week he weighed 8.7 pounds and they wanted him to gain a little more. So when we took him in to get weighed on Thursday, a week later, he weighed in at 9.1 pounds! So they were happy with that! (finally!) But she went ahead and scheduled him for his 2 month appointment which is next Wednesday.
           He started one of the coolest things on Thursday also! Smiling like crazy! I love it! Drew was naming off schools like ASU, Florida Gators, and then he said BYU and thats when Andrew put the biggest smile on his face that I have ever seen! (We'll have to work on the BYU thing though!)
           Wednesday April 21, 2010, he slept all day! I knew something was not right. So the next day for his appointment I told the head nurse that he has not been feeling well. Honestly that day I would not have been smiling if I felt as bad as he did! I don't know how he pulled it off! His face would get really warm for a while and he was just so clingy, which I do not blame him. So I pretty much just held him all day Thursday. But the head nurse, which was a nice lady, wrote out a prescription for him for some nasal spray. She told me to put some in his nose then suck it up with the surrenge. I told her that shouldn't be a problem because I had been up since 4:30 that morning surrenging his nose so he could sleep. Now it is Saturday and he is still not feeling well at all! He has a stuffy nose and is conjested and caughs and sneezes and gets warm every now and then. Oh and another thing he does is like throw up the milk he drinks. I was telling Mama about how he was feeling and she said he is probably throwing/spitting up because it is probably the only way for him to get the mucus out of his chest. So this weekend we are just going to stay home and take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List